HybridZ

cylinder wall ??

malibud

Ok f54 block has been rebuilt . took the head off do to blown head gasket . I never saw this engine run. Cylinder walls have no cross hatching and has some vertical scratches . One i can catch with a fingernail. I am assuming that I cant run this engine and it will need a rebore or at least hone. Am I right ? I was told it ran fine before and did not smoke. I would really like to be on the road without spending 800-1000$  PO tried to run 22lbs of boost went well before this 

Thanks 

Sounds like the engine ran hot. You'll have to tear it down and take it to a good machine shop. They can mic the bores and tell you if it can be honed or needs bored. Have the head checked closely also. Could be warped or cracked. $1000 budget is pushing it. May just find another engine. I actually have one I'd sell but I'm in Atlanta.

Head has been checked and I was running it till the engine in my car started burning oil . Leak down 30-40% on cylinder 5 so I need a bottom end rebuild. My bottom has ross racing pistons so I would like to reuse . I have a good head need a good bottom. How much for yours?  and/or any recommendations for a good shop in atlanta for the bottom end build. I use to have John William build my engine. Thanks  I am 4 hours away but get down there on occasion