HybridZ

I bought a new FI System.....Take a Look...

I just bought a complete system made by Cutler... Take a look here: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=588189023

I spoke with my contact at Summit who told me I can pretty much get anything I need for the system from Holley...

I figure $950 for is a sweet deal if I only have to swap out the main harness and the brain...

Mike icon_biggrin.gif

I saw your email address on the top bid the other night, and decided I should just leave it alone otherwise you have ended up spending more $$$$ icon_biggrin.gif Seriously, I saw that item for sale yesterday and thought the price was VERY reasonable for the unit. It looks awesome and the performance should match it. I hope you like it!!!

David

Mike, as an aside, I don't like to bid against anyone from the forum. There will always be another similar item for sale...

Guest MM_280Z

Nice looking FI setup. Looks like you coulda gotten it for cheaper though. Looks like you had it at 850 and were bidding against yourself.

BTW, the way to do it is bid the maximum you are willing to pay as close to the end of the action as possible, and let the proxy bidding work for you. That way there's no time for the price to get bid up. And as long as you have a higher bid than the other guys, you win. There's even programs for this if you don't want to be by your computer when the auction ends.

Be sure to take some nice pics when you get that thing installed! icon_biggrin.gif

Any idea what size injectors it has? Aluminum intake yes? $950 is a decent deal for the throttle body and injectors alone assuming they're a size you can use! Not too bad, you going to run it on your existing motor?

CricketJr. is the program I use to late bid BTW - works very well icon_smile.gif

Guest Anonymous

Congrats Mike, thats a nice looking unit, I've always lusted after that system in the summit catalog. Sounds like a pretty good score. Clean looking too.

Regards,

Lone

Guest Frank280z

Good deal Mike! I saw that system about a week ago. But I'm not ready to bid on that stuff just yet... Will this system support the 600+ rwhp you're looking at??

Frank

Guest needwaymorespeed

Damn looks like were all ebay junkies,i was checking that unit out also, came real close to bidding on it,theres another cutler one on for sale too but it says this one will only handle 350 hp,looks a little different then mikes.

cool mike hope it works out nice

Curtis

This is the first time I've bought on e-bay, but my understanding was that since I hadn't met the minimum (Which turned out to be $950) that there was no guarantee that the seller would let me have it for less... I e-mailed him and he was pretty firm on getting his minimum (Which he didn't disclose to me before hand) and he stated that if it didn't sell that he would part the stuff out and probably get more money. So, rather than loose the chance to get it, I figured the extra $100 was worth it....Based on how expensive these things are.

BLKMGK the injectors are supposed to be 36# units. I asked him if he had 30# units to swap in as I think that will feed my current motor better. What do you guys think? My buddy at Summit was the deciding factor. He checked to ensure that I could get replacement stuff for it. It has an aluminum intake Jim, and I figure it is well worth $950. I'm just not sure about the electronics. We'll see.

Well it seems that the injectors are 26# units, not 36# units... So they will have to go, and I suppose I'll be getting some 36# units... THe 26# units were just cleaned and supposedly have the paper work with them... Keep an eye out for some injectors for me guys... and of course, my 26# units will be up for sale ASAP!

Mike

I'd keep the 36lb injectors. Run the math and I think you'll see that. I've got 42's in the Mustang but they may be a bit big. 30's darn near fall out of trees if you ask around, I might have a set someplace but at least one was dribbling. (shrug) Not a bad deal, what's the other Cutler bidding at these days? icon_smile.gif Am not ready yet myself, next year I'll do it!