HybridZ

Turbo 5spd ( Borg Warner T5 ) parts

zxturbo

I am looking for a good complete trans or a good countershaft and good 3rd gear. I was in 3rd and kicked it around 45mph and literally exploded the teeth off. I have tried everywhere and parts are obsolete. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Thinking about an adapter kit from ATI and running a GM 700R4 with a trans brake. I have heard that the 5spd out of a 84 or 85 300 turbo is the same trans in the 280zx turbo. I have tried to research and can't really get a straight answer. Is that true?

I have the Hurst Pro 5.0 shifter with the shifter stops on it. I was already in 3rd only going 45mph and when I kicked down on it and it REALLY started pulling BAM there it went. Torque . Thinking of the GM auto trans swap but I really hate to cut my exhaust. I have a full 3inch stainless system and I know it won't fit around the bell housing. I don't know if anyone has tried the full 3inch stainless system from CX Racing but it is a very nice system and bolts right up with no fab work or anything. Sounds awesome too. There isn't anyone around me that does mandrel bending but I will figure something out.