HybridZ

84-89 300zx coil hookup and ignition transistor

fl327

its raining and i cant play with my car, in advance i was wondering off hand if anyone knew which equaled negative and positive on the little nissan 300zx coil on 84-89 z car???? im wiring it up to my l-turbo setup and im staying dry, figure once it gets a little drier around here ill tackle a bunch of these here fun projects with the info i get off this site. sorry for being so lazy, its too wet to mess around under the hood. thanx again guys.

sidenote: now i know that the ignition transistor on 280zx and 84-89 300zx looks dang near identical, do you guys know if wiring diagram is the same as well-maybe one of you guys can help me out so once i get to work i can knock this stuff out and have some fun! thanx.

Hi Len,

Okay lets try this again buddy. If something sounds a unclear just let know and we can go from there.

On the L28ET Coil - you have 2 blue wires on the Negative side of the coil. These two wires eventually become one wire when it hooks to the

-| connector. Then you have one striped black and white wire connected to the Positive side of the coil, this same wire then goes to the same

-| connector.

On the VG30 Coil - There are four wires.

The one that is black you do not use and you can cut it at the connector. The one that is black and white and the blue one hooks to the L28ET factory -| connector. The other wire is blue then becomes green and that is the tach hook-up. You will have to separate the L28ET harness to connect the tach wires.

Also use the VG30 transistor.

You will have to crimp some new spade connectors to the VG coil wires and to be clean do NOT cut your L28ET wires, that way you could always install the old coil if you needed to.

Hope thats helps.

Yasin