HybridZ

Anyone using Accell 300+ ignition?

Mudge

I was considering using an Accell instead of MSD, they have a "universal" kit which I imagine would work, or else they have a setup for older points style Camaro.

One reason I'd like to use it, is for another $200ish I can addon a programable module, for full timing mapability!

• 3 weeks later...

happy new year mudge…i am using the accel timing computer with the accel 300+…you can program the base timing curve…the vacuum advance curve…boost retard and N2O retard…there are two rpm activated switches for solenoids or shift lights…it works very well at very high rpm and has been the least of my worries…you will have to purchase a 2bar map sensor (GM 886 8075) separately…your stock lt1(?) efi programme should be adequate until you do major engine changes then I would recommend changing to accel dfi…cheers…

I have an LT1 yes, but use Tunercat on that, close to 500 HP and DFI is not needed, there are 9 second cars without aftermarket ECUs.

The Accel idea was for a 240Z, fully programable timing is something I miss now that I'm on a carb car, I'd like to add in some more low end timing and then of course work with WOT.

So, I am stuck somewhat with a curve, it is not a full map?