HybridZ

Can a Datsun Roadster conversion hang here

Guest Anonymous

the guy i know is dan pena, he took me for a ride in a roadster that made me scared of a 100rwhp, he was taking some downhill sweeper and drifted around a miata! it was bad, makes me want to do either a roadster or 510, probs roadster, unibody solid axle and drop top, thinks i like. maybe one of these days ill do that one, ill look around, hey what about r200 into one of those, or maybe datsun pickup truck rear axle swap???

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Anonymous

327 - You hit on a constantly debated subject - Miata Vs. Roadster. Many totally disagree, but I feel the Roadster is more controllable at the limit. I have beaten Miata's around corners with my '66 1600. Miatas feel gittery and the Roadster you just steer with your right foot. Sorry for getting OT - I have Roadsteritis - related to your Zitis. Both a strain of Datsunitis.

An independent rear is hard to do in a Roadster because of the seperate frame getting in the way. I plan on going Ford or GM that is 4 linked.

On the turbo rush - totally agree. Friend just bought a WRX. A blast to drive. Too bad 1st and 2nd gearing are not spaced right for blasting around corners in town.

Phil

Datsun Roadster's are a great chassis for alternate engine swaps. I recently converted my tired 1966 Datsun Roadster's push-rod R16 to SR20DE power-- totally transformed the car.

If you are interested, photos can be found here:

http://www.zparts.com/showcase/msSR20swap1/intro.html

This is a great site, keep up the great work!

Michael

Michael Spreadbury--I used those pics of your conversion to wickedly inspire my brother to do another Roadster!! Heh heh, you gotta love side drafts on a modern motor with more cubic inches in a sweet handling car like a Datsun Roadser.

Glad to have you joining us! smile.gif

Davy

Guest Anonymous

Michael, welcome, and thats a beautiful install. The radiator is so cute... :D I've liked the roadsters since a girlfriend had one back just out of high school. She had a 1600 that was a kick in the ass to drive. I forsee miles of smiles ahead. :D

Regards,

Lone

Guest Anonymous

Thanks Micheal! Been sooo busy with work and disappointed I can't get more time on the Roadster. Your pictures really gets the blood going! They inspired me when I first started my project and then again to get me back in the garage. 2thumbs.gif

Phil