HybridZ

So, any RB engine can be swapped into a Z32 with the right m

QWKDTSN

I know that in Japan there was a car called the 200ZR with a 2.0liter turbo RB engine with an intercooler on top of the engine. It used a 5-speed tranny. So, as far as I can tell, I could grab an RB25DET from a Skyline GT-s, get some of the 200ZR motor mounts and transmission mount(?) and bolt that puppy up. Yes? No? What else is involved? I'm thinking about this for my next car. I'd find a clean 300ZX, strip it completely, rebuild the suspension with all the good stuff, weld in a roll cage, slap in an aluminum dash, and throw in Sparco seat with SDS and a Painless harness.

i think you mean 300zr right?

im not sure about the tranny mounts but if they are the same it should bolt up. worst case all you would have to do is get the engine member from teh zr and your set.... why go rb25. if you can get 2.5 2.6 should be available to id go that route

no new pics whats on my page is the latest. It has actually gone backwards... sold the watts will be getting a set of 15 or 16 X 9 centerlines autodrags to match the ones i bought off ron. i have a set of 680 cc inj that i need cleaned and flow checked before install. and i still need to do my cage. right now im in the desert (saudi) serving the country rockon.gif

if i dont get to the track this summer next for sure will be in the 10s = 2thumbs.gif

God damn I hate Japan... Prices for everything we can't get here are insanely low.. yet their automotive laws and taxes are insane. Here in america we have pretty cool laws but can't get jack. I guess the only solution is to move to new zealand tongue.gif

Oh, and the topic header for this thread was supposed to say Z31.. not Z32.

Hrm, will many of the folks on the Japanese auction sites ship to the US? I mean for little things... I know that a bunch of micro RC sellers on E-Bay are shipping to th eUS and that ship times are decent. Just seems like it might be a good way to pickup stuff we have a hard time getting here. We need contacts in Japan dammit!

that z pictured above was a full body restore and has a rb26 with a t04e !!!!

I lived in japan for 11 years. just about every one of the auctions has a will not ship internationally. and shipping would be outrageous.... you pretty much have to hook up with someone that could ship the stuff back thru an apo address. if and when i get back i want to try and start a small importing thing for popular unavailable turbo stuff from japan. I think it could be a huge market ;> rockon.gif

Stony, I am very seriously considering taking Japanese the next few years in college and studying abroad junior year. I too would love to get into the Japanese turbo parts importing business someday! Along with opening my own shop, being an automotive journalist, etc etc..

Guest MegaShaft_2000
Originally posted by Nion:

I know that in Japan there was a car called the 200ZR with a 2.0liter turbo RB engine with an intercooler on top of the engine. It used a 5-speed tranny. So, as far as I can tell, I could grab an RB25DET from a Skyline GT-s, get some of the 200ZR motor mounts and transmission mount(?) and bolt that puppy up. Yes? No? What else is involved? I'm thinking about this for my next car. I'd find a clean 300ZX, strip it completely, rebuild the suspension with all the good stuff, weld in a roll cage, slap in an aluminum dash, and throw in Sparco seat with SDS and a Painless harness.

The 200ZR that you are thinking of is a Z31, not a Z32. The Z31 was the older model 300ZX, from 1984-1989. The Z32 is the 1990-1996 model. There was no Z32 200ZR.