HybridZ

A new member with a beginner's question

Guest jhupe64

Guest jhupe64

I just started looking into the V-8 conversion on my 78 280z. I see you guys refering to the jtr manual and conversion kit. I was curious were I can get a hold of the jtr manual. I want to see what all I am getting into. While I'm at it I want to restore the rest of the car and just don't want to get real deep in pocket. I just don't want to do most of the work and still end up with 15 grand in it.

The car was left to me by my Great Aunt about 5 years ago. I am tired of the rust color and the little mechanical problems with motor. I figured why not put something in it I can work on and make it shine in a color I like.

I can see by the posts you guys are really helpful and I will probally be asking some questions, so all help will be appreciated!

Thanx, Jason

P.s. My future posts won't be a rambling mess.

Just offhand, my dad brought up a very interesting point recently. Jags That Run might just be an obscure pun. I've always thought of it as Jags that haul ass, but he immediately thought of it at face value - older Jaguars (which don't exactly have five stars in the reliability department) that actually run! I was shocked that I had never thought of it before.

Nion, I think there is a double meaning there! Also, Jags are not really that fast either (well the newest ones are) so the name fits well either way. I like your interpretation the best though, "Jags that actually run." icon_biggrin.gif I get it!

JaZon,

You'll never regret buying that manual. Please make absolutely sure you read the entire manual, cover to cover, ok? There is sooo much good info in there, you'll be jazzed to get going. Welcome to the club!

Davy

Guest Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by JaZon:

I just started looking into the V-8 conversion on my 78 280z. I see you guys refering to the jtr manual and conversion kit. I was curious were I can get a hold of the jtr manual. I want to see what all I am getting into. While I'm at it I want to restore the rest of the car and just don't want to get real deep in pocket. I just don't want to do most of the work and still end up with 15 grand in it.

The car was left to me by my Great Aunt about 5 years ago. I am tired of the rust color and the little mechanical problems with motor. I figured why not put something in it I can work on and make it shine in a color I like.

I can see by the posts you guys are really helpful and I will probally be asking some questions, so all help will be appreciated!

Thanx, Jason

P.s. My future posts won't be a rambling mess.

its a good book, but they talk too much smack about the scarab without saying anything good about it. one part that i thought to be really great was that he gives you diagrams of how the conversion kit is built with full schematics, something not a lot of people would provide. great photos too, i have the ancient version of it.