HybridZ

Has anyone looked at the L6 in a Trailblazer?

Guest shuyun

Guest shuyun

One of the Automags I Have has a little article about the twinturbo demo model of the Trainblazer with 500hp and 500lbft. Anyone have any idea about the demensions of the motor?

Its good that Chevy is showing new efforts towards performance on different platform with different methods. But, how many people are going to pay an est. 47K for a bulky SUV with that kind of power? Not many i'd imagine.

On another note, if they can do this to a SUV, then WHY are they cutting the F-body line without a fresh try at it first?? Hello...GM? Redesign the Camaro to be more reliable, refined, agile and give it a hot new look...and then give the customer a 400+HP powerplant like this one and sell it for a competetive price. Performance people want SPORTS CARS with alot of bang for the buck..not $50,000 land yacht's.

If they need sales..they better start designing what the majority wants. I think its great that they are designing boosted powerplants with the chance of actually making it avalable to the public. Its been along time since they've been so bold (smart). The GN is still a well known, desireable car. Then we had the Syclone/Typhoon, and although plagued with problems, they were great little trucks that got GM noticed. But, lately, all the low priced domestic boost has come from the Ford camp. Ford has surpasses Chevy in reliability AND sales (gee, imagine that :rolleyes: ). I was once a DIE HARD CHEVY GUY..and even I drive a 2000 Ford F150 now. It's time for the longtime comatose GM camp to wake up and pull thier grilles out of their exhaust tips! Build it right for a good price and they WILL come.

Jason

Hey Ernie,

I'm still alive.

I just bought a 2 door 2000 Blazer 4.3L V6 with a Powerdyne Supercharger, Headers, Exhaust, 3.73's, water injection, MSD, and Granetelli Motorsports AFM complete with 17" Boyd Coddingtons and a bunch of other stuff...

It's pretty fun!!

Guest Anonymous

I seriously doubt you'll ever see a production 500 hp chevrolet. They have to warrantee it, and have smog and durability cycles to run 100,000 miles (smog has to be warranteed to 50,000 miles or 5 years) and despite the engines ability to put out that sort of power, don't expect it to last that long when asked to put out double its normal output. Its a good motor, but I suspect and no I havn't seen the article but if its in a suv I'd expect it to be pretty torquey and not what I'd want in a Z. Besides it being so new, it'd probably be cheaper to put in a RB26det than what a new one of those chevy's would run you. Just an opinion, and I'm regularly wrong so who knows.

Regards,

Lone

Answer: Alot of people.

Where I live, there are thousands of ML, X5, LandRovers, Land Cruisers, Lexii, Cherokees, Excursions - hell every freakin third vehicle on the road is an Expedition.

I think they would have a hard time selling it only because it ould be an expensive Chevy. They would do slightly better badging it as a GMC.

That motor bone stock would make an excellent swapper into a Z though. 270hp is not shabby at all. I wonder how hard it would be to put a T56 behind it.

Ernie,

Actually, quite the contrary. The Blazer is actually the wife's!! The Z is all mine.

I want to V8 the Z and sell the turbo engine I have, but...I don't think I'm going to be able to afford the V8 conversion with my miniscule budget right now, so I'm going to have to just ante up and get pistons for the turbo engine I have. With the modifications to the engine, it should be plenty quick enough for a street car...

But, still...now that I have a rumbly torquey Blazer, I kinda want that same sound and feel in the Z...

Lone, can I check out your car sometime?