HybridZ

Calling grumpyvette

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I have enjoyed all the links that you have posted. These have been great. Thanks for your help and please keep them coming and let me know what else I have been missing out on.

I would also like to express my gratitude to all our members. This is the best place I know of to get help for automotive advice. Here you get help and not a sermon.

Thanks to all.

Guest Anonymous

I'll second that...

This is a great board for Z's, and really all cars, you can ask a question about anycar, and people wil try to help, and not tell you that it isn't a Z and not relevant, they will say that we are a community, friends, almost family icon_smile.gif and will help each other out just because, that is great and rare.... just proves one thing...

Z people are better than the rest of the population... Just kidding! icon_biggrin.gif

Well, thanks to everyone,

Kris

Ever since my local speed shops closed down (all saying that Summit Racing put them out of business), I've had a tough time finding good hi-po Chevy info. Sure, you can get on some chevy boards and get answers.

But not until I found grumpyvette on http://www.chevytalk.com did I feel like I'd found:

1) Someone with the patience of a saint to explain to me where my errors in hi-po thinking were,

2) Someone with an incredible amount of experience with the SBC, and other Chevy performance topics,

3) Someone who will at the drop of a hat run off performance numbers, give results for 6 cams, 4 heads, he knows work well, etc. and give indepth info based on experience on the topic of WHAT WORKS AND WHY.

Having him here at HybridZ.org is SUCH a huge benefit, and I'm glad that others are starting to recognize him with threads like this one.

Grumpyvette, no, I'm not asking for anything this time icon_biggrin.gif - just voicing my feelings!

There are others here as well that give much more than they receive. They know who they are. My hat's off to all of them!

It's good to have Grumpy here online, but it's also great to have Jason at Performance Plus in Dublin here (locally) as well icon_biggrin.gif I feel really good getting advice from guys who are very well versed in SBCs. I echo Pete's sentiments.

Davy

I too wish to thank everyone who has given of themselves to the people who view this board.

I am a member of a few, but this one is the best!

I'm sure I'll reference a lot of the posts again in the future as I'm working on the '75 conversion, having gone through all the other posts to catch up and then 'maintaining' by viewing as often as possible.

Thanks again all!

icon_smile.gif

Brad

Ditto on whats been said. Grumpy, you've helped to put some bench racer notions and hype to rest. Your're a straight shooter! I'm making some changes with my build due to your information. Thanks for the advice.

You really ought to share with the others how you got the name Grumpyvette.

JS

Okay, Ditto too icon_smile.gif Seriously, you can't trust the mags to tell you the straight scoop most of th etime and it's really cool to hear form folks who have spent the time to screw together a few engines and share what they've learned. I'll never have th etime to gain that sort of in-depth knowledge and am always very grateful when someone else who's been there is willing.

Thank you!

thanks for the big boost to the ego guys ..GLAD TO HELP!

John Scott

thinks you guys might be interested in how I got the name, well short version, I spend a lot of time under my three vettes and when my wife got phone calls ETC, she always met me at the door of the garage with (why are you always so grumpy when I call you out from under those vettes?) which soon got shortened to hey GRUMPYVETTE you got a phone call!!