HybridZ

Information on this 240-280z Please!

Guest Anonymous

i havent seen that blue one before, but it does indeed look like someone put a lot of time and money into it.

there have been quite a few discussions on this board about 2jz's and rb26dett's into early Z's. the first recommendation would be to use the search page to find which swap you are interested in. the yellow Z that was on ebay twice(?) with the 2jz was discussed, too.

a good place to start with the rb26 info is stony's (now called rb26z) site: 260Z with rb26dett he's got good numbers to show what a mostly stock rb26 with an intercooler can do in a Z. happy reading :D

hey is that z in the states. from the cars in the background dopsnt look like japan... maybe austailia?

man i had to bite my tongue over there they are in a discussion about how the 2 JZ stock internals can handle 200-250 more horsepower then the stock rb internals. So i guess teh 2jz can handle 800+ hp on stock interenals? If it can thats one hell of a engine.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Zpeed

doesn't look like australia, we don't have those trucks that u see on the left,

also its left hand drive.. we got right hand drivers over here

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by RB26Z:

hey is that z in the states. from the cars in the background dopsnt look like japan... maybe austailia?

man i had to bite my tongue over there they are in a discussion about how the 2 JZ stock internals can handle 200-250 more horsepower then the stock rb internals. So i guess teh 2jz can handle 800+ hp on stock interenals? If it can thats one hell of a engine.

yeah i was about to sign up and get there info correct on the rb. i've heard that rb will handle a hell of a lot more horse than those 2jz's would ever dream about on stock internals.

the toyota 2jz engine is a very fine engine, I have no doubt it can handle more hp than the rb.

stock for stock, the 2jz is a lot more tractable than the rb engine and also has an added advantage of a larger capacity.

the rb26 does love to rev though, and it all comes down to what suits you more.