HybridZ

sds and dynojet problems

stony

has anyone ever dynoed using sds? for some reason im losing my rpm signal (to the dyno) on each run. :confused: we originally thought it was rf interference nono.gif but with that illiminated and car running fine on we are at a loss. the timing just breaks up all thru the run and only registers randomly on the screen. shifty.gif The dynojet uses 2 leads 4 inches apart on a spark plug wire. we tried different wires, changed leads and also hooked into the green and black wires ( tach and ground) all of these gave us a good idle rpm indication but as soon as we get on it the siganl breaks up. cry2.gif without the timing siganl i have no torque or rpm indication. I would really like to have these available. any suggestions? i have allready emailed sds no reply yet rockon.gif

wow i just dynoed for the first time ever friday. i have an SDS and about half way through the dyno session we lost the tach signal also. we were getting the signal from a plug wire too. they put a piece of reflective tape on the crank pulley and use some kind of a light that reads the tape. this is supposed to be more accurate. but it still did not work. we just thought there was something wrong with the dyno :confused: so most of my runs show MPH instead of RPM.