HybridZ

Apexi Power FC for RB26

What do you guys think of the Apexi Power FC? http://www.apexi-usa.com/electronics_fc.asp I have already bought a RB26DETT and I thinking that I want to install the motor and get it running using the stock computer. To do this I need to buy two stock AFM's,I might of found a pair. I'm also not wanting to loose the stock nissan coil packs and have to run spark plug wires(that is SOOO last century:)I talked to the guy at SDS and said that the stock coils peter-out at 8psi,??I thought that the stock boost(RB26)was set higher than that? So I started look into other EFI set-ups. The Apexi system seems to have it all except for I might have to keep the AFM's even though it allows for larger ones. I have really only two questions for you guys. Does anybody here know if the Apexi will allow you to switch over to a MAP sensor? And could I use the stock coil packs with a SDS EM3F?

Thanks

JasonRB260ZX

previously, the apexi power FC could only use a MAP sensor if you got some special "japanese only" tuners edition of the power FC (not for sale outside the homeland).

However, last i heard they have released an updated version of the power FC which allows u to use MAP sensors now.

The power FC is good at what it does, and has the convenience of easy installation.

Hi all,

there is lots written about the Power FC in Australian magazines such as Zoom and High Performance Imports. What people forget is that the author of those articles is also an agent/distributor for those units as well (so think about that)

From what I have witnessed, lots of guys with Power FC units (mostly had them when cars were imported from Japan) spend big bucks on dyno tuning time (and that is not cheap at AUD$100 per hour or so) because the tuner does not have a laptop software package and has to continuously switch between different screens!!! At the end of the day most of those that I've seen take them out (Power FC) and put in Autronic and Motec computers!

If you are going to do it, then spend the money and do it properly, you are talking about the heart of your engine basically!!! Skimp on that and you will not get all of the performance that you should and the engine will suffer also. Anyway, Power FC units aren't that cheap.

Also the things about the RB coil packs being good for only 8psi??? Well that is Bullsh#t, Nissan coil packs are good for much more than that, by the time the coils aren't any good, you would have needed forged pistons and internal work already!!! Look at Stony's car, 15psi and his coils are ok aren't they??? Then if you find the coils aren't up to it, add a CDI unit such as MSD brand etc.

There is lots of bad advice out there, don't get sucked into it!!!!

jason, the guy that got me the motor, trany, driveshaft did not have time to get the

motor mounts so when he goes back to japan he said he will send them to me, i

can ask him how much he wants for some if you want? he should get them to me by

late October. if i dont use mine i would sell them to you.

Brad, i would be interested in finding out how much a person would charge for those, you think you could find out, then when you do maybe post the price for all of us looking into an RB swap