HybridZ

RB26DETT SWAP PHOTOS

BRAD D

Thanks for all the complements

zpeedrazer

looks like we have some of the same parts, gauge consol , SDS computer, Apexi intercooler but mine is for a GTR.

Nice work, trade me motors? I don’t know? It would be nice to be finished.

ON3GO

all my prices are in Canadian so you can X it by 0.65 to see what it is in US dollars. But for the paint job, my buddy is the owner of the shop it was done at. But the paint was 1200$ (house of kolor = big $$$), soda blasting was 500$ and i gave my buddy 1000$, but it should have been a lot more.

Bob H

what kind of gearbox mount are you going for?

My next step is to pull out the motor and paint the motor bay i think I’m going to go black,

then run the gas lines, on my photos you can see the start of my gas tank mods.

flamedevil.gif

Guest Anonymous

ON3GO the dash just has a cap on it. I cut out aluminum for the 3 gauges on the top, and fabbed up a center console out of aircraft alumium wrapped in vinyl. The intercooler is off of a stock silvia in japan, bought it at a race shop in austin, and got some end tanks welded on there.

S30Z, nope no interal work yet. Just some bolt ons. It was remanufactured at one point in time though

Guest Zachb55

around $6800 for you guys to do it huh? hmm, i found a guy who can get me a 2JZ-GTE TT W/6 spd. to my door for around $5500, i could imagine the rest of the swap would put me about $2000 over that, not including any upgrades on non-related parts, brakes, etc... that would put me in the same region as you. and i thought the 2JZ would cost fortunes more twak.gif .

thats still alot of mula though, it should be a while till i can get that much saved up...

-Zach

i do ike the center dash. looks awesome.

i want to do the same thing but i have a extra unit, its a TV/DVD unit, so ill put that where ur boost controller is.

Im trying to see if i can get the AEM ems, cuz it controls Boost also, along with Nitrous.. and i need to put my system to good use, its just laying around.

mike

Guest Zachb55

Also, back on the main topic, looking pretty good so far!! i like your custom control panel, much like what i would like to go for... but i may not keep my heater.

-Zach

very nice.

its beautiful, but please dont say you are gonna be using ZG flares?

smile.gif cuz like you have almost everything I want to do to my Z.

What autometer gauges will you be runing?

also where did you get most of your RB parts?

thanks

mike

HERE ARE SOME OF THE LASER CUT PARTS I HAVE FOR THE OILPAN, INTAKE, EXHAUST.

IF YOU WANT I CAN SEND YOU THE DWG. FILES SO YOU CAN HAVE THEM CUT

DAVID IF YOU WANT TO PUT MF INFO ON YOUR PAGE YOU CAN.

I WILL DO A WRITE UP ON THE PARTS THAT I MAKE, WITH PHOTOS.

flange2.jpg

this was cut on a laser as well

zed_in.jpg

Brad, If you can give me a writeup and pics of the car before you started and some info on what insipired you to do the swap, i can do the layout and post it as the beginning of the project. Choose a name for the project. We will do updates every 2 weeks to a month, or whenever you get some major work done.