HybridZ

280ZX Skiline Engine

Guest Anonymous

you can do all of these your self if you want a better fit but the simplest way would seem to be: oil sump + pickup + engine mounts from 200zr can't remember what drive shaft you use, new exhaust, ic piping, wiring to dash, etc there are numerous threads here explaining this better try doing a search on rb conversion.

now as to what one is the best, also widly discussed here as well I personally am using an RB25DET as I couldn't afford a RB26DETT.

Guest Anonymous

Thanks alot. I wanted the twin turbo, but I wasn't sure if it would fit. How much did you spend on the conversion, not including the price of the motor?

Nate

havn't finished yet so can't comment on that but there are heaps of people here who might, I think the RB26DETT is the only one that requires 200zr oil sump modifications

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

all skyline rb motors are front sump motors they all need the oil pan and pickup from the zr200. the only motor that is a direct bolt in would be the zr200 rb20. when i say bolt in i mean the right combo of engine mounts and the oil pan dosnt need to be changed. the cheapest rb26 i have seen was from a member on here some time back. 2500 fro motor and tranny ... but i think it was a hoax,

i referred his ad to a friend that has a shop and wants to build a race car. my friend said he would buy if this individual could bring the motor toa shop not far from his home. he said that was inconvient and to just send a check and he would ship it out. next he said a friend would come to his house , inspect the motor give him money and pickup the engine. This to for some reason was inconvienent. he said again just send the check and ill ship it to you????? sounded fishy to me anyone else agree.

anyway 3500 sounds like a pretty good deal.

Guest Anonymous

More than fishy kinda like Tuna fish straight out of the can..

Cheapest I found was a R32 front clip for 5,500 engine, trans, ecu, etc. but the companies install rate is as much as the motor, that seems kinda high but I dunno what you think? fee includes all parts install labor but not custom mounts or intake manifold (if needed) paint vavle covers, clean up the engine and the bay, and if you want them too for xtra they'll paint the bay while their at it. soider all wire splices, check oil pans, mod them if needed etc..

• 2 years later...

osakajdmmotors.com carrys the rb motors they have the rb26 for 3000 with tranny, ecu, wireing harness, ac, powersteeing pump and a few other things check them out there located in canada for those of you in the US which means no IMPORT TAX yah. they carry a larg assortment of motors take a look.

Guest PROJECTRB240SX

I Highly Recommend not Dealing With Osaka. I've Had Three Friends Who Ordered From Them With Very Poor Results. (2) Never Recived Their Motors And The Other Got His Sr20det But It Was Blown. 2 Pistons Had Cracked Ringlands And There Was Detonation Marks Everywhere. Osaka Claimed That The Ones That Didn't Recieve Their Motors Was Because Thier Checks Bounced, But They Showed Them Proof Of The Checks Being Cashed And They Denied Everything.... There Is Still A Investigation Going On About Those. The One Who Got The Crap Engine, They Said Their Motors Are Sold As-is And They Won't Give A Refund Because He Opened It Up.

I got a 100% junk 90 R32 RB26 motor set from Osucka. The motor was beyond belief, that a company could do a customer like they did me. After many ph calls they refunded 1/2 my $3,000 and sent me a 98 R33 RB26 motor, in very good cond. for $2,000.

So, I spent $3,500 for two RB26's, one good, one for parts (only thing usable was block,head, with lots of detonation repair)

I got James Thagard a RB26 for $2,000 delivered... and it turned out to be ok. I would'nt trust them again myself....