HybridZ

Triple Weber 40 or 45 DCOE

jjslade

Hi there, I have a 260z with the following cam, 284 advertised duration....210 at .050 duration with .435 lift on 109 degree LSA, would you guys reccomend the 40 or 45 triple webbers? and also would the stock mechanical fuel pump be adequate? 

Thanks

Edited by jjslade

• 1 month later...

Personally, I'd go with the smaller 40s.  I have triple 40s on my L24 and they are awesome.  I have an upgraded electric fuel pump, adjustable fuel pressure valve too. You'll need to customize the Webber linkage or you'll find the triples will get hung up the longer you drive the car, the higher your idle RPM will climb.  I'd also recommend ceramic coating your headers and the biggest possible heat shield under the triples.  Without the heat shield, fuel will boil right out of the carb closest to the fire wall.  Ask me how I know. :)

On 6/16/2020 at 5:59 AM, jjslade said:

Hi there, I have a 260z with the following cam, 284 advertised duration....210 at .050 duration with .435 lift on 109 degree LSA, would you guys reccomend the 40 or 45 triple webbers? and also would the stock mechanical fuel pump be adequate? 

It depends on what size chokes you plan to run.  45s with small chokes (aux venturis) flow less than 40s with similar size chokes.  If I recall from memory that 33 mms is about the cutoff point where you'll find this difference.  This will be an expensive and you want to think about what are future plans for your car.  

The other option would be EFI throttle bodies rather than carbs.  This will be more expensive but probably offer better driveability.