HybridZ

How to remove connector from junction block?

Witchboard

I'm needing to pull the wires through the firewall and I can't figure out how to get the blue connector out of the junction block.  It looks like it's the block is designed to be squeezed on the sides of the connector, but I can't manage to pop it free and I'm afraid I'll crack the block.  Any tips?

That assembly seems to be meant for permanence.  It's not really meant to be unplugged.  People that have had success have had to devise small picks and thin blades to get past the locking mechanism.  In other words, you'll need to do your best Macgyver.

Here's an old post about it, if this is the one you're talking about.  Read this one and a couple more below it.

https://www.classiczcars.com/forums/topic/60007-78-280-re-assembly/?do=findComment&comment=549453

That's the exact plug I'm talking about.  Funny thing is, I already have a pin extractor tool and popped them all out so I could continue to work, but the blue connector is still fast installed in the junction box.  I took pictures, so I guess it's not that bad if I just put them back where they belong once I'm finished replacing the firewall there.  Thanks for the link.