HybridZ

Suspension spring availability for early 240Z ?

Hello to all,

I am looking to buy a set of new springs for a 1970 S30 , currently the stock springs are cut with stops removed and its just really bad. The objective is for them to be close to stock ride height and spring rate but I am aware a compromise is likely unavoidable.  I have a new set of 15x7" Rewinds. the shocks will probably be KYB  and the tires will be 205/60/R15s.  The only springs that are available seem to be the Eibach Pros that may or may not lower the car 1" to 1.5" also they have fairly high spring rate and the fronts will have no pre-load. Then we have the aftermarket set from Z Car Source (SKU# 114001} that offer stock height and are around 30% firmer. If anyone has an idea of which set may less harsh, or can point me to another available option  I would appreciate the help. 

And Thanks!

I had Eibach lowering springs while running some fairly tall tires on 14” rims (205/60r14) for the past 7 years and they were actually pretty good. Stiffer in the front and the rear progressive springs seemed to go from about stock stiffness to ~30% stiffer. Gave me about a 1” drop across the car with a very flat level stance. The only problem I ran into was I was on a tight budget and only changed the spring trying to get the ride height I wanted, and neglected my old worn out struts and bushings. The result from the stock dampening level of the worn out struts was that the progressive coils on the rear would make contact on most potholes on our horrid city streets here in STL. But on the highway and flat streets of Tampa it was a dream. I’m certain with new struts it would have been 100x better. 

If you want a slightly stiffer than stock ride and a bit of lowering and plan to drive the car more on city streets or uneven roads then I would go for the eibach spring set, but get some stiffer, struts or better yet adjustable struts, and change as many bushings as you can on your suspension along the way and I’m sure you'll be pleased.

I’m actually getting ready to sell of my full rear stock suspension with the eibach springs (control arms, drum brakes, and full strut assembly) if you’re interested message me.

Edited by Sanchez