HybridZ

Shift Forks Wanted

FJOVA

I am rebuilding a close ratio 5-speed from a 1981 280zx and I found the shift forks are worn --  though the brass/bronze contact points.   Does anyone have a set that are in good condition that I could purchase?  Thanks.

Edited by FJOVA

• 4 weeks later...

I wanted to say thanks to everyone regarding this inquiry.  I actually found new shift forks in Japan from a trading company and purchased them for an unbelievable price of $35/each delivered to the the US  (part ##32811-58S10).  I also found a VERY HELPFUL thread on classic zcars.com ... "FS5W71B Rebuild Thread - Tips tricks and discoveries!".  A user "zKars" noted the following in his post...

"...Ok, got a part today that is good news and confirms shift fork compatibility AND availability. One more Fs5W71B saved from the scrap heap.  As it turns out part #32811-58S10 is the 3/4 shift fork from a Fs5W71C transmission. It is a usable replacement for both the 1-2 and 3-4 shift fork in FS5W71B with aluminum forks, and would also replace the 4 sp version metal forks.  One tiny snag. The roll pin hole in the C and B type 5sp forks are larger than the 4 sp forks. If you break a 4 sp fork, you will need to drill the rod roll pine hole out to 0.195 or 15/64. A number 8 drill bit is good enough.  

Let me also repeat that the C type 1-2 shift fork will NOT WORK in the B types, it fits a larger diameter selector ring."

2BF9C85B-CA05-4BFA-BC97-2817FB7298D3.jpeg

Edited by FJOVA