HybridZ

Beware of RSCarbon retro-spec carbon parts

zboi

I ordered a few carbon pieces off of here, and despite taking over 6 months to arrive (and still waiting on some) the quality is pretty poor. 

First off the parts are not full carbon fiber, but instead fiberglass, with a top layer of carbon (maybe, it could be fake carbon). On top of that their is either a huge amount of resin on some of the parts, or some sort of clear plastic shell on the outside. As you can see along the edge of the part in the first picture, there is a few millimeters of void between the carbon fiber and the actual edge of the part. Seems unlikely that such a massive amount of resin would actually be used which is why I wonder if there is some plastic outer layer. 

The weave is also all messed up, air bubbles, voids, surface imperfections, frayed fiberglass hairs extruding on all the cuts. I asked for a refund citing their "100% satisfaction guarantee no questions asked" and was told that they will not cancel my other half of my order and have not provided me any return number for what I have. There is a refund policy tab on their site with some very strict wording that contradicts the money back guarantee.

All that said buyer beware.

20230531_183809_HDR.jpg

20230531_183559_HDR.jpg

20230531_190735_HDR.jpg

• 2 months later...