HybridZ

No boost at 3000 rpm

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

just ran my turbo project for the first time tonight. This is the first car that I have ever had a turbo in so I am not shure what to expect. Runs great but so far no boost. I still have about 20 pounds of vacuum at 3000 rpm. Is this normal? I have not gone above 3k yet so I am not shure when boost will come on. I have a T3 and the waste gate is closed. Any advice or suggestions? Sorry if this is a stupid question

Thanks

Sleeper is right the car will have to be under a load to develop boost. The other thing to look for is an exhaust leak. It would have to be a rather large leak to make you not develop any boost but, it's something you might look for. I would drive the car up to about 3500 and then push the pedal to about 3/4 throttle you should start to see some action then. rockon.gif

What you meant to say was 20 inches of Mercury(in-mg). Now, in 1st or 2nd gear, hold the throttle wide open to about 4K and see if it made any boost. You will definitely know. Let off as soon as you hit 4K. You need to be sure you have enough fuel.