HybridZ

weird intake on turbo engine

v8dats

Guest Anonymous

I think so to, the BMW motor slants like a slant 6 chrys almost, they must be leaning the manifold over the top of that bank. I havn't seen a newer 6 cyl bimmer with F/I under the hood. Long intake runners huh? I guess thats Bavaria's version of a TPI... :D

Heres the picture so you don't have to wait for all of them on the page to load (rediculous load time for us phoneliners):

DT7.jpg

Regards,

Lone

Guest Anonymous

I was kinda curious if it had a 5 sp, what the other dipstick was about (its for a automatice I'm sure)... Nice fuse panel though!

Regards,

Lone

Guest Anonymous

that intake looks very nice, much better than the datsun one. The runners look very close to the same length, something that I dislike about the Z FI manifold very much. Oh well, thats why you pay the big bucks for BMW's, because they are some of the best built cars in the world.

RE the subject of intake manifolds for Nissan L6, has anyone tried an LD28 intake (injector bungs added)? I wish I could post a photo, but the runners are long (probably 2x length of L28ET) and curve down a little then curl back up smoothly to a symmetrically shaped plenum. The intake is light and bolts to the N42-47 and P79-90 heads. Very few emission devices/plumbing. I havent checked the manifold ht re hood clearance. DAW