HybridZ

280zxt wiring into 240z

DAT240Z

I have a 280zxt in my 240z i was looking at the wiring list posted, and have a? i hope you guys can help me with. on the plug #2 there are two yellow wires, one for the A/C and other for the start signal this is the one i having problems with see how do i tell which one is the start signal as the are both on the same plug. i have not hook that wire up yet, the car does run and drives What does that wire do, and when i figure out which one it is does it go to a hot + source all the time when the car is running or should it only go hot when I'm cranking the car over and when the car stars it should go dead?

thanks

I believe the Yellow wire that supplies the start signal runs to pin #9 on the 280ZXT harnes/ECU connector. If I'm not mistaken, this wire supplies a start singal to the ECU so that the computer may make the necessary timing and fuel changes to get the car started. My car will run and drive with or without the wire connected but I also live in California with mild climate so the engine doesn't really need too much enrichment to start.

Josh

Here is a picture I made up for someone a while back.

MVC-462F.jpg

Although I'm pretty sure the car needs power all the time there for the ECU. Where else does the ECU get power if not there? Anyways, that is the way my car has been running.

There is also the green wire on the passenger side that drives the + side of the injectors, does the black/white wire from over there give power to the ECU, thought it was just for the distributor? Both of these wires are from the relay on the passenger side.

By "not used" I mean not important to the running of the engine. I think some A/C wires are run through that plug, along with boost sensor, and temp sensor.

• 2 weeks later...