HybridZ

Wanted to verify Supra intercoolers

ratedZ

Hey guys, I know that the newer TT Supra MKIV intercoolers are really good. I've also heard about the MKIII units...so I wanted to make sure that THIS is the MKIII unit. Also, how efficient is this IC and would it be good for around 350-400hp (in the future)? I don't want to spend another dime on an intercooler if I can get away with it and these seem to come up once and a while on ebay. SUPIC1L.JPG

cheers.gif

That MKIII one at the top is like an acordian and is restrictive in comparison to the MKIV one. The MKIII one is probably good for ~300hp with a lot of heat while the MKIV one is comfortable at ~350hp.

The size and shape of the MKIII's IC is a nice fit for the Z car and that's why I picked an aftermarket MKIII IC from HKS for my Z car.

Get the large NPR one if you're going for OEM stuff

I've made 390RWHP (uncorrected) on a MKIV intercooler. Dunno' exactly how restrictive they are but I know the end tanks can pop off on high boost runs. You canfind them all day long on SupraForums.com and ThePartsTrader.com smile.gif I've got one on the shelf if you need measurements etc. but you'll have to remind me in a week (next Tuesday) as I'll be on travel to Vegas soon. There's also an aftermarket side mount intercooler out there that's supposed to be better - YMMV. Prices on the stock one should be pretty cheap since one you've taken it out I cannot imagine wanting to put it back in!

• 2 weeks later...

I run a MKIII on my 240 - stock turbo - 10psi-SDS-stock injectors.Best time 13.2 @ 104 with a very high duty cycle (106%) Currently undergoing a injector/pump/intercooler upgrade. The intercooler is good for a stocker - but will be a limiting factor for more than that.