HybridZ

Brand of Boost control you use..

ZR8ED

Guys, I'm now assembling my new motor, and I am going to buy a proper boost controler.

I priced out some electronic ones ie the ApexI fancy dancy everything but the kitchen sink model..

$1200.00 !!!!!!!!! Cdn.

ah.. pass I said.

Just want to take a poll or so to see what kind of manual boost controler you guys are running or would like to run.

I so far like the turboXS models.. not a bad price either. I really like my turboXS BOV.

Thanks,

Thanks for the replies guys. The research continues..I'll decide and order one by Fri.

Won't matter much anyways.. need to run lower boost till new engine breaks in. :(

But when its time to turn it up.. :D

Got a cylinder head job, p&p and combustion chamber work, that is astounding.. just beautiful.

The rods and crank all look like jewlery..you can use them as a mirror!

Lightweight flywheel and pulleys.

T3/T4 hybrid turbo. Polished downpipe.

CF II clutch.

stock manifolds but had them portmatched.

New just about everything.

Goal is 450hp (flywheel)

15+ psi of boost.

Should still get me 28mpg on the highway!.. if I ever decide to drive it easy. (current best of 28mpg)

This is actually working out great.. the summer is winding down, all my major car events are done, so I can drop the new motor in, and take it easy while I break it in for the fall. Should be tip top tuned and sorted out for next season.

BTW current motor is holding on at 18psi.. burning a bit more oil.. but still ok..

I raced a late 70's TA on the weekend.. should have known better since guy had huge blower sticking out.. and no hood..and steel wheels with DR's on them..

I held on not too bad..He was extremely impressed with my little car!!

Yes I lost..its ok though.. he probably had 500+ hp.

Next time....... ;)