HybridZ

JWT sport 450

Guest Rangerz

Guest Rangerz

Just bought this turbo for my 240z turbo conversion. It says to use the stock wastegate, but I dont have one! Anybody know what other wastegate I can use on this setup? Thanks

Doh, I just gave one away.

Here is a tip for you though. Stock sucks. I got a dual port one from TopEnd and sent them my turbo and had them fab me a bracket. They made it adjustable too, although I still had to cut the rod shorter.

That way, I set the boost where I want it on the top port and use a dial a boost on the bottom port to adjust it. Works pretty well, and I have alot faster boost response than I had with the stock one.

Guest Rangerz

I actually need the whole thing. I dont know what turbo this is, and if an aftermarket wastegate (HKS or whatever) will work. Thanks for the replies though, this is my first time working on a z and hope I will be happy with my 3.0L turbo!

Give Ben a call and find out what they sent you. Generally, they take a stock Nissan housing and machine it out to fit the turbo. Then you have to get the bolt on plate and machine that out as well. I machined mine out, and used a stock actuator and made my own bracket. They dont send the turbo complete ready for running unless you want them to and then they charge you. The turbo is a good setup tho, you will like it allot. If you have good breathing and flow from the exhaust the turbo should spool by 3K. Oh and another thing, you may want to really sewriously consider dumping the stock down pipe as you cant open it up to 2 1/2" its a good boat anchor when you get this setup.