HybridZ

Found a source for silicone i/C hose

ZR8ED

I had a beautiful summer blasting around in my VG turbo 280Z. I also spent a lot of time on the side of the road/highway putting my i/c hoses back on the car!! :mad::mad:fmad.gif

VERY embarrasing if trying to show off. hehe

Anyways, the silicone hoses at the local speed shop are very expensive, and are preset in length... not a good plan for a custom hybrid install. I found a source for silcone hoses by the foot! at a whopping $23.00 per foot. Just drop into your local Peterbilt, Cummins, Cat etc. Diesel repair shop, and ask for silicone rad hoses. yup rad hoses.. I guess they use water to water i/c's highpressure rads, and I/C's ???? now I never asked what diameters they use, but they do carry 2.5" which is what I am using for my i/c piping.

Cut to size and wala, a local source for hose that is as long as you need it, and cheaper than the performance shop stuff.

No more hoses popping off!! even at 18psi! (I was not originally using silcone hose..I got my hoses from a local hose mfg and found some of there hose that would fit...O well.. trial and error.

Check out your local diesel engine repair shop and have a look.

ZR8ED - Good point - I have been using Goodyear Silicone hoses for my intercooler for a while all bought at the local CaterpillerHydraulic dealer - super cheap and excellent quality.

Also the T-bolts which are like $4-5 a piece on Turbonetics website are $1.75 at the CaterpillerHydraulic dealer.

HA - you watch the local diesel and backhoe shops will all become speed shops soon.

Sounds like you are having fun humbling the folks on the 401 and in Southern Ontario. I lived in TO for 20years and miss the spring and summer there. I have followed the build up of your VGTurbo Z - thats awesome you are having fun in it - especially at 18psi. Well all the best. What Z shops are still around? SanrocWhitehead Performance?

Regards - Yasin

I cannot locate the URL at the moment but there's at least one online place that sells silicone intercooler interconnects in multiple sizes by the inch cheap. This place is a diesel truck supply store online and had TONS of neat stuff for over the road trucks. T-clamps can be gotten CHEAP at any NAPA store BTW ;)