HybridZ

Z31 MAS and Tb.. in 240zxt?

Guest joeyhammer

Guest joeyhammer

ive got a friend with a junk 300zx.. i think its an 84.. maybe with an 86 engine.. can i use his mass airflow sensor and throttle body with his computer? is it a hard swap to do? should i grab anyhting else that will benefit my zxt swap into my 240.. i havent done it yet.. how about the fuel pump.. will and 84 pump work with a 83 turbo? thanks guys

I use the Z31 computer and MAF in my 280ZT, with a modified 280ZXT harness. If you want to avoid wiring hassles, just use the Z31 wiring harness. The Z31 pump is an in-tank model, and I don't believe it flows any better than the stock ZXT pump. I am using a used Bosch pump I've modified that flows 50% more fuel at 60 psi, and I can sell you one for $60 shipped. You can also adapt the throttle body without much trouble - just cut the shaft short and rethread it for the Z hardware, use the Z31 TPS and a 1/2" spacer and it bolts right up.

Nathan,

I've collected most of the parts I need for the Z31 MAF conversion for L28ET, but there are a couple of unknowns still. This is what I have so far:

1)ECU

2)distributor trigger disk

3)MAF

4) O2 sensor

5) throttle body and TPS

Which air regulator do I use - 280ZXT or Z31?

What about the water temperature sensor?

Are there any 300ZXT specific sensors that I need to be concerned with. Thanks - Sean

Originally posted by Sean73:

Nathan,

I've collected most of the parts I need for the Z31 MAF conversion for L28ET, but there are a couple of unknowns still. This is what I have so far:

1)ECU

2)distributor trigger disk

3)MAF

4) O2 sensor

5) throttle body and TPS

Which air regulator do I use - 280ZXT or Z31?

What about the water temperature sensor?

Are there any 300ZXT specific sensors that I need to be concerned with. Thanks - Sean

I was using a '75 air regulator until boost blew out the element - I replaced it with an '82 ZXT air regulator. I am using all the stock 280ZXT sensors, except the fuel temperature sensor, which is probably the same for all the VG applications. I am not using a knock sensor, and I'm not sure if the '82 knock sensor will work or not. A new one from a Z31 is too expensive to play with in case it's the noisy '82 engine giving me the computer error and not a bad knock sensor.