HybridZ

how much hp

Guest De Schmaydee

Guest De Schmaydee

...i have an 82zxt(p90a/f54)..rebuilt the motor and put in new injectors.....i have just installed a 3" exhaust from the turbo back w/hi-flow cat & muffler and a T3(stageIII)/T04b (57trim)....deltagate2 wastegate....and have a k&n cool intake....aluminium flywheel...pierburg fuel pump...has anyone ever dynoed a similar setup.....just curious as to how much hp i might be producing @ the wheel.........thanks, s

How big are your injectors, and what engine management system are you running? What intercooler?

IMO, the best way to "dyno" the car is run it at the strip, then you know how much power you can put down, as opposed to just bragging rights...(dynos are useful tuning tools, don't get me wrong).

Guest De Schmaydee

i agree..... i'll be spending a bit on dyno-time in the future...and take it to the track when i think i have it right......this is just for curiosities sake....i still have to put in my i.c.,evc4,65mm tb,and i have a 12 injector intake being made up w/an hks aic to control them (i'm just doing the mods 1 at a time...and seeing how they work...then doing the next etc)....i did forget to mention in the other post that in running @ 9psi(the spring in my wastegate) for right now.....s

On a port matched only P90 head and stock F54 block, conquest intercooler, T3/T4 V trim, 2 1/2" open ex., and one add injector ( 7 total stock l28t injectors). At 12 psi I made rear wheel, 244 hp and 271 ftlbs, I've since done alot to it and now run 20 psi. If you want to make alot of power, crank the up the boost ( don't let it detonate) it makes a night and day difference. I agree chassis dynos are not 100% accurate but alot of Supra, and I'm sure other guys are on them enough and there numbers seem to be the same per mod from car to car. So they are pretty reliable +/- a few ponies.

Guest De Schmaydee

....i was thinking i'm am prbly @ around 200 now.....once i get my i.c. in i'm gonna try 12...then ??? when i get the injectors and controller.....my boost and injector controllers have multiple presets i can program for different boost levels......this thing is pretty peppy @ 9psi (to me).....but i would like to see what happens @ 15-16 or so.......s