HybridZ

Supra Intercooler

mike240zt

Have you guys ever LOOKED at a MKIV intercooler? Plastic endtanks that have been known to blow off and very little surface area to face the wind. Thick as all heck but not big in the way it would present face area to the wind. Heck, the FD3 RX7 intercooler is just as bad. I made 390RWHP and 427ftlbs with my MKIV intercooler but I've got little doubt it was restrictive. I'll take pics if it will help but I really don't think that intercooler compares to the NPR.

If the NPR can't be find what about the units in the Powerstroke trucks and other diesal pickups being produced? How bad are they?

Yep, thats good info. If I end up with the Supra IC, I was already thinking of strapping the plastic end tanks anyway. I think Scotty did the same with his Volvo unit and it held up ok with high boost applications. I have looked at the Diesel units that they have on ebay. I don't know anything about them other than that the look thin in the pics...maybe someone can shed some light into this. I would love to get my hands on a Spearco unit but the price is just too steap for me. cheers.gifburnout.gif