HybridZ

Tunnel Ram with 2 450's

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Ok..I have the option to buy a tunnel ram with two holly 450's...my question to you guys is, do you think that this would be a good street setup, and with a 4inch cowl hood do you thik that the hood would clear?

Darth Vader

Guest Anonymous

Darth....I think it would definately be trick. There are a couple things I would be concerned with though. #1 is what would happen if you were driving in the rain?? Woudl the cowl scoop up air and water or just air? #2 question is how fuel hungry such a setup would be?? With 2 carbs you would probably be better off just dumping gas right down the intake manifold...that would be the end result I think. It definately would be cool though...it all just depends on what you driving intentions are. Will this car only be used when it is sunny out?? How much is gas in your area?? Up here they are getting $1.49 for regular and $1.60 for premium 93.

SpencZ

My experience with dual carbs in limited, but what I'm told is getting them in Sync and keeping them there are two different stories. Dual 4BB carbs will be tough to keep straight, and Spenc brings up a great point about fuel economy, or the lack of....

Hood clearence is a BIG issue, I don't think you'll get it to clear...

Mike

------------------

"I will not be a spectator in the sport of life!"

mjk

Guest Anonymous

Darth, I ran a tunnel on my big block for a while, And it was trick,got a lot of attention, also needed a lot of attention,constant tweekin, weather was always an issue on when i could drive it,and I am just not sure the gain in H.P. was worth all the headaches for a street machine. Wouldnt want another one on a daily driver. But everybody likes something different. Fuel milege has never really been an issue for me, ya gotta have it, so it dont matter how much it cost, your gonna buy it anyway. plus gas prices are not to bad here in ft worth.(YET)

I think that you are going to have your hands

full with the everday maintanence of a high

performance z car,add in 2 carbs (900cfm)that sit up above the hood is going to be a pain in the rear getting them synced and

getting the linkage set up. The extra power

gain may not be worth it. Especially if you

throw a very inexpensive 50-75 shot of the juice to it.... I do not know if you have seen my hood (5" harwood cowl) it looks ok

but you cant see around it and i am already

planning on going back to a stock hood.

Guest Anonymous

Myron...

You are going back to the stock hood? I will buy your old one from you..I am going to put a cowl on mine..but if yours already has one..then I would buy it from you ..what do you think.

Darth Vader

Guest RON JONES

Loyd,scrap the tunnel ram idea.I don,t think you would gain any more performance than if you ran a real good single carb set up.A small block street tunnel ram will kill your tourqe and only make you more power by reving the piss out of it.What happened to the EFI idea?I think you were going to go with one originaly,or is my memory shot.

Guest Anonymous

Hey Ron...

Yea..I still have the Tuned Port setup...just had a brain fart for a few min....lol The tunelram with the 2 4's was only 300 dollars and...well.....it would look darn cool. I think that I am over it...Back to the tpi setup...I am going to take the runners and the plenum in this weekend to have them Chromed...then I will have to much money involved to be thinking about going any other way...hahahaha. Thanks for keeping me ontrack guys

Darth Vader