HybridZ

DP Question.

yo2001

This might be silly but has anybody considered welding a 3in. 90 deg mandrel directly on to the wastegate housing? I was think I could weld 90 deg mandral, add a flange on the other end and have a other 90 deg bolted on with flange. bonk.gif

I figure that way I can clear 3 inch DP all the way back :D

O, the welding would be done with Nickle rods.

I think that flange is for the non internal waste gated turbos. I don't think it will bolt up to the back of the t3 on the z car.

Consider the fact that the t3 on volvos, saabs, etc.. All have different ways they bolt up their down pipe to the turbo.

Scotty had a flange made up that would bolt up to the back of our turbos and that's what I used to make my down pipe with.

Problem with using a flange is I can't clear the nuts. the studs are too close to the pipe. I can go from 2 1/2 in. and step up to 3 in
This is what I have been trying to tell folks all along. If you step it up to 3", then you have to put 2 sharp 90* bends in it and I doubt that is any better than a 2.5" with 2 45* bends. Amazing this hangup with wanting a 3" DP on the stock t3 wastegate that has a 2 1/8" id outlet.

Guest Anonymous

I am currently using a 3" downpipe on my 240Z. I used a flange just like the one on the website posted. And, unlike scottie said, I didn't have to use tight 90 degree bends. I just bought two 45 degree mandrel bent 3" pipes and welded up a nice downpipe. I did have to adapt it up from the flange to allow it to still bolt to the turbo. The 2 1/2" pipe before the 3" is only as long as the studs on the turbo. It can be done!

-jeremy-