HybridZ

After market Turbo Exaust manifold

Guest RENN TURTON

Guest RENN TURTON

Spoke with Paul at South Florida Performance today and these are the prices I was quoted. Turbo header-$850, $250 coating(chrome), external wastegate flange-$50 and for a Tial wastegate $275. So for $1150 we could be rolling with a custom turbo exaust manifold,with external wastegate!

Originally posted by SHANE:

quote:

He also said it comes with a dealtagate flange
good god, whats with the turbonetics **** ? deltagate is 100% crap.

The Deltagate flange is a pretty standard size flange, and I'm reasonably sure that several other wastegates can use that flange.

That said, I'm not sure why he told you that - the manifolds that I know of are being built with flanges for the 60mm HKS gate. That's a pretty big difference. Abid has basically jigged the unit up, so that he can do several different designs, and make the wastegate and turbine shaft centerline come out in the same place/orientation as was on the manifold that I sent him. This gives me the best chance of successfully packaging the system, since we are doing this long distance.

My original manifold was a Cartech cast manifold, as was mentioned above, modified for the 60mm HKS gate. I used an on-center turbine housing, so the turbo sits fairly high. With the orientation that I gave Abid to copy, a T64 turbo (9-inch compressor housing) was still able to fit under the stock FI intake manifold (just barely).

This will be a semi-log style manifold. It will have the same basic form factor as the cartech manifold, except with ample flow paths for all of the exhaust ports. So, if you are looking for a big, snakey-looking header, this is not for you. Actually, Abid could quite possibly make one for you using the dimensions that I gave him, but it will most likely cost more.

There was no 'group buy' in the traditional sense of the phrase. As it turned out, we got 4 people to buy manifolds at pretty much the same time, so Abid gave us a discount. If any of you want in, just call Abid - so far (knock on wood), he has been pretty easy to work with.

Shane, exactly what application have you tried the deltagate and found it to be crap?
they are WELL known for sticking shut, my brother in law went through two of them before going with a Tial. i also am against ANYTHING put out by turbonetics(hence my spearco getting sold as soon as turbonetics bought them.) my good friend works at TEC, far better quality and service, so my loyalty lies there.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
they are WELL known for sticking shut, my brother in law went through two of them before going with a Tial. i also am against ANYTHING put out by turbonetics(hence my spearco getting sold as soon as turbonetics bought them.) my good friend works at TEC, far better quality and service, so my loyalty lies there.

I am with you on that one Shane. I do not chose to support Turbonetics if I can help it. They make almost NOTHING they sell and are just a middle man for most of the things they provide. Spearco does not make the intercoolers, but are units produced by Garrett from what I have been told along with a company in New York that makes there air-water cores. They are the same folks who make Vortek air-water coolers. Since Turbonetics acquired Spearco they have jacked the prices on cores several times. The most recent I saw was about 15-20% more in cost. I did not buy a Spearco for that very reason and will NEVER buy a turbo from those jokers. I can get better quality for far less direct from Garrett.

BTW, I have also heard bad things about the deltagate. The problem as I know it results from excessive EGT's warping the valve causing it to stick. Might be a simple fix with better material, but is exactly why wastegate mfg's like Tial have a wastegate that uses the Deltagate flange.