HybridZ

ceramic t25/t04?

fl327

hey right now im looking at purchasing a weird set of hybrid turbos, its a t04/t25s that has a lot of ceramic parts in it, and a water cooled center section. it has .81 ar on the compressor, and .42 on exhaust side, watercooled centersection, and ceramic coated wheels and bearings, its coming out of a front clip that the man is upgrading the snails to a big single unit on. they looked stock t25-3ish at first to me, but then i looked at his turbo and looked at mine and saw compressor side was definitely a lot bigger. clip has 50k on it. what do you guys think this turbo would be like on a L6 turbo motor? im only going to use one with internal wastegate set at 10 psi. hope i hear cool stuff.

Going to take a little bit of work to bolt up the T25 to your exhaust manifold. I guess if it's an AWESOME deal then don't pass it up, but still the t25 is way small, expecially with only a .42 a/r. It might be fine for only 10psi, but then again a stock t3 would be perfectly fine, and spool super fast with better flow.

If the price is too hard to pass up I'd take the t04 compressor off and bolt it up to your t3 turbine housing. Bolt your t3 compressor up to the t25 and sell it on ebay. Oh, also keep the water cooled center section.

Is this what you had in mind?

How large is the compressor?

• 1 month later...
Guest De Schmaydee

....might want 2 of 'em.....that might be good....those prbly are REALLY expensive turbos..but i think you really need to watch your oil and keep it really clean.....s