HybridZ

Im getting the z itch again, prepping for the dyno, and help

Well folks, I know i have been gone from the board for quite sometime now. I have opened a new business, and been super busy with no z time. Business is becoming more stable, and my car is in the showroom. Its warm in here, the z looks lonely so its time to start wrenching again.

I will probabally hit the dyno within the next two months, I have a goal. My goal is to have a car that will run high 11s on the track and make high 300s for horsees. I think I have made a few iffy oversights on my car so let me run down my mods and then tell you what im concerned about.

My motor is bored to 2.95 liters with dished ross pistons that puts me at a 8.5 compression. I also used the longer 240 rods in this motor.

I am using SDS, 420cc injectors and a bigass fuel pump. My sds will be sent off to be converted to coil pack next week. 3" exhaust including the downpipe is what Ive got.

My concerns:

NPR intercooler, its the larger of the silver ones. It is plumbed with 2.25" mandrel bent tubing. How bad is the HP loss with this thing, and the pressure drop etc.. i know its better than nothing but if im losing 30hp i wont be happy.

Stock cam, i have heard you guys speak of the isky cam, whasup with that? Anyone seen any major improvements, or would I? The idea of camming this motor makes me smile smile.gif

Mystery t3/t4 turbo. No idea what this SOB is but its got VERY low miles on it (got it used) and the exhaust housing is a stock AR. Seems like it may be too small for what I want to do. I hear speak of the 60-1 hifi, how much is one and who do I call.

420cc injectors... large enough?

I would like to swap now what is blatantly problematic, the dyno is like 2 hours away and not cheap. Would make me happy to make as much as i can of the situation on the first try rather than spending 700 bucks at the dyno this summer smile.gif

hate to sound like a newbie, but ive been away for quite sometime and feel like ive missed alot!

Thanks gents - Evan

BTW, my business is car audio. I am an eclipse authorized dealer and a rockford fosgate authorized dealer. I can get other stuff too, including lots of used equipment in on trade so if you need anything let me know!

Guest livewire23

I've got a rockford fosgate 10" sub that I found in the back of the Z. I have no idea what its worth, so I figure I'll just put it up on ebay. What should I set the reserve price at? Sub seems to be in pretty good condition, but there are a couple of chips off the plastic. Sorry to hijack your thread, but you said you're an authorized dealer and I just couldn't resist.

Guys, call me at work at 309-836-6299, and make sure you tell me who you are on the phone so you dont confuse the crap out of me LOL.

Rockford sub used, depending on the model is around 40-50 bucks. This is provided it is in very good condition. Give me a model, tell me whether its dual voice coil or single. For small things like that sub, i would reccomend selling it to a friend.

Len, i have a TON of four channels. Ive got a hifonics europa in mind for you (was a freinds amp, and he traded it in used.) Ive also got a butler tube driver four channel. Then ive got lots of new stuff. Call me, and ill be happy to hook you up!

Evan

I'm certain Shane could pipe in on your setup Evan. He's run high 11's (on slicks) with the stock motor and 420cc injectors (JWT FI). You may get the flow out of the intercooler - he was running a Spearco.

My opinion is you can get very close to your goal with what you have. It isn't necessary to cam the engine (although it is fun ;) ), but you may need a bigger turbo. The TO4E comes to mind, and possibly with a better flowing hot side wheel.

Guest 280Tom'z

hey can you get RF componet systems like 6.5 if so two sets and one 12" like one of the bigger ones and a mono amp to push the sub if in good cond id buy used how much do you think you could get all that for cause right now im lookin at 300 for one 12"alpine R and one alpine r compenent system