HybridZ

Why dosn't anyone go mopar?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I have been watching this site for a while and I noticed that no one was talking about a Mopar swap. Has anyone either done or considerd this swap? The 727 transmisin would fit in there fine and it is used on both the 426 and 440 but will also bolt up to things like the 318, 340, and 360. They have a rear oil sump and there a lot of HP parts out there for these motors.

Any insight into to this oversight wanted.

Michael

1973 240Z

1980 280ZX tenth #15

1981 280ZX coupe (V8 conversion possability)

We all have varied experiences, but the 383 magnum comes to mind for me. I know it is a wide motor, and somewhat heavy, but gobs of power can be had easily. And that 727 tranny is about as bullit proof as a transmission can be.

Terry

There is actually a guy somewhere around here that drag races a 240Z with a 440 motor. Run's low 9's and is pretty much a low dollar car (less than 10K total investment, very ncie and clean car). I'm a SBC fan 'till the end, but I can't argue with those numbers.

Also, my friend Jer has a Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited with a 360 and 727 that will actually walk my Impala SS. Well, it used to walk me... before I added the spray biggrin.gif

Ragardless of who made what... If it's fast, it's all right with me!!!

-Andy

------------------

"But I don't sit idly by,

I'm planning a big surprise."

Andrew's Land of Z and Honey