HybridZ

Rewarder headers

Guest Fast Frog

Guest Fast Frog

Gentleman!(John Scott, BLKMGK, et al)

There's been a ton of posts regarding headers! JS and I have tried to get something going with S&S but it looks bleak! Recent posts have mentioned Rewarder headers. ARE THESE BLOCK HUGGERS or are they a diff style?? I checked out their website(http://www.rewarderheaders.com)to check them out and they do have 1 3/4" block huggers. Please share your info when you can!! rockon.gif

Rick

" ARE THESE BLOCK HUGGERS"

Yes they're huggers, & they're flexible to make some changes to help with fitment........I'm still fencesitting, thinking perhaps I should settle for 1-5/8's for ease of clearing everything longterm service etc......someone commented they were pricey, IMO their pricing is very fair for a properly built and ceramic coated header. I'm sure they're not cranking out hundreds like hedman or others.

The block huggers come in a variety of combinations for tube size, heads, and collectors. Price quoted to me for coated 1 3/4 block hugger was "about" $340. Not bad, considering there isn't, according to my research, another 1 3/4 block hugger that will fit. Jim is the man to talk to. Don't need to get him inspired or interested, and doesn't run hot and cold, like Loren at SS. "Just tell me what you need" Send him your exhaust gasgets and he'll find best flange match. Willing to angle collectors in, out or add a turnout. Great for those of us with road race pans with kick outs and limited ground clearance. Mike Kelly is going to test fit BLKMGK's set. BLKMGK has stated they cleared the drivers side steering but might have an problem on the passenger side(due to collector angle??) which I think can be rectified simply. A full length would be optimal, but for ease of installation, and ground/ oil pan/ starter clearance I'm 99% sure the 1 3/4 w/ 2 1/2 collectors is the header I'll order.

John

....A little SNAFU in my plans has come up...Seems my engine builder/ balancer is backed up for the near term... I was told yesterday that if I want my motor balanced within the next two months that I should take it eslewhere.... This is getting to be a bit much... I'm gonna end up BUYING a built SHORTBLOCK that has already been balanced if I can't get a decent shop to do the work on my parts...

Mike cuss.gif

Jim, tell me again that there is no interference on the drivers side. I'm still ordering the Rewarder. Probably best to see for myself and go from there. As long as it clears the steering...

I'm about to leave on a week+ vaction so it will be a while before I post my results.

John

The SS headers fit great at the port - wnderful fit! But they hit on th edriver's side right at the motor mount as I recall. The Rewarder headers fit on the Driver's side and I could swear they fit on the passenger side too but the exhaust shop says NOPE! I did NOT know that they could match ports - doh!

Dunno' when I'll get to test fit mine again. I want to try and do the CV swap this weekend, we'll see. If I get bold I may try the exhaust again but due to the angled collectors it will NOT mount to my existing exhaust system :( On th eplus side I found out that the exhaust shop I'm using has put a turbo in a late model V8 Camaro with FIVE inch exhaust smile.gif Tehy're pretty cool too so I know I'll be getting exhaust done there for awhile to come.