HybridZ

What do you think of MAC mufflers?

QWKDTSN

Guest Anonymous

I'm in search of a "quieter" muffler. I don't want to go turbo design (though I might have to so I stop setting off car alarms as I putter by) so I was thinking about the DynoMax. Is the Mac "quieter" than a Flowmaster? Probably comparable (just guessing if they are the same design).

Jon

You can check out their claims here...

http://macperformance.com/macstore/mustang/flowpath.asp

They are fairly close to me so I may just drive up and pick up a pair... my friend has done direct business with them a ton of times so i might be able to get a slight hook up. i dunno. i just can't help but think of them as a mustang only muffler??

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I drove up to Temecula and picked up a pair of their muffs yesterday for a $20 cash discount. They look to be very nice quality and are fairly compact. I tucked one up under the rear of my car and it looks nice. I got the center in / offset out so that they can tuck way up under the car. I will let you guys know how they sound when I finally take the time to get an exhaust fabbed and get the car running!

They are 2 1/2" center in / offset out. The ones I got are the welded Flowpath mufflers - everyone I spoke to recommended them over the stainless mufflers, but I'm not sure exactly why. I would have picked them anyway because I prefer welded style mufflers.