HybridZ

the sound of just a header

Guest fly yellow

Guest fly yellow

i love the sound of my 240 with my 6 into 2 header and thats it it is just so mean sounding made a run to gas station like that man got a lot of looks i dunno if i have the balls to do it again think i would get into trouble

anyone else love this sound or am i just deranged?

also tuning the carbs in the garage with just the header all my friends left it was too loud

Guest fly yellow

yea i know i wont do it but i am gonna make it so i can remove the exhaust at autox's and such so i guess that will have to do

i have dealt enough with the courts in the last year

Guest Anonymous

I like it great if I'm on the gas, but man, let off and just let it slow down against the engine and man you talk about a nasty sounding racket. I couldn't do it these days long term, guess I'm just old, but after while you notice what you thought were cool looks your getting are pissed off people who are stareing because your sharing your sport a bit more than they'd like. At the autox's and stuff, go crazy, but like mentioned it ain't worth the heat on the street.

Regards,

Lone

You could always put cable operated cut-outs so when the urge strikes you, but a) they're illegal (in most states at least) if your busted with them on the car B) I havn't seen a set yet that didn't stick usually in the open position at the most in opportune time. :D

Sorry, can't agree on the noise thing. I always get a kick (if I have my earplugs in ;) )out of watching a V8 at the strip run open headers making sounds like it will turn an 11 second 1/4, but only turn a 15... tongue.gif:rolleyes:

I love it when they line up against a turbo car (like mine 2thumbs.gif ) and they get smoked by at least -40dB and 2 seconds. b_hand.gif

Guest Drewz

Just to clarify here since there seems to be some confusion. I like the sound of a stout open headered engine but not to drive it on the street or strip. Open headers on the strip loose power unless it is a turbo car or low ET'er from what i have seen tests on. U need at least collector extensions or it sucks all the bottom end out. I just like the sound but unless I am on the way to the exhaust shop I wouldn't drive it.IMO as usual!!! 2thumbs.gif