HybridZ

After market exuast question ?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Are there any other exuast systems avalible for the 280zxt other then monza ? Oh yeah, what's the diff with turbo exuast system and stock non-turbo exuast system ?

Guest Anonymous

BB,

The word 'turbo' muffler came originally from a design GM used on the corvair spyder turbo, it was a low restriction design which was later copied for high performance usage. Mufflers that use that sort of design are 'turbo' mufflers, other designs are not turbo mufflers. Simple as that.

Can't help on what other systems might be available. Nearly any of the shorter canned polished ricer exhaust could be fitted by any competent exhaust shop though.

Regards,

Lone

Ps: If I misread that, I'm not sure of the difference between a Datsun turbo model exhaust system or a non-turbo exhaust system, I thought you were speaking in generalities.

Ask Jeffp on his exhaust system. His email is mrjeff@worldnet.att.net It's a 3" turbo back system.

He dyno'd a completely stock 280zxt car, then he dyno'd the same car with his exhaust system. He gain 20HP at the wheel. I must say that's really good.

HKS has a cat back exhaust but it will cost you more Jeffp's complete turbo back exhaust.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Anonymous

Thanks guys,

I never really knew that much about the datsun exuast manifolds. As a matter a fact not aot of ppl do. My whole question was just was there another after market muffler avaliblefor teh ZXT. I'm asking because mine looks a bit ruff. By that I mean it's a little rusty and there's a good chance there's a build up of suit and dirt in it too. So should I just hollow out the caddy and get the rest of teh system patched up,or Should I opt for a whole notehr system ?

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...