HybridZ

ZZ5 385 CID powered 280z

DavyZ and I went to pick up some spare parts from zya's father (Arnold) who happens to have a v8z himself, and may I say, it's a very well done job. We stood there drooling at the car for quite some time. Then I wiped my slobber off my chin and grabbed the camera. It's a JTR conversion, suspension work is about to be done as well (coilovers to fit larger tires).

Davy will do a better write up when he sees this, I'm sure, since I'm in somewhat of a hurry but wanted to share the pictures:

Edit: imagestation won't let me directly link pictures anymore, so here's the link:

Click me for all of the pictures!

Zya,

Auxilary and I enjoyed talking with your dad for a while and we appreciated his generosity and the heads-up you posted. 305 we DID NOT take due to lack of bodybuilding on our part...

Also, we would have very much liked to see your car as well since your dad was impressed by it--after seeing his, we can only imagine...

Guys & Gals,

We had a great time meeting up with Arnold, Zya's dad, in Stockton. The drive was definitely worth it as we were rewarded by a tour of his sanitary garage (so clean you can eat off the floor--unlike mine where vermin run) and a photo session of the car. We almost did the "we're not worthy" skit from Wayne's World and almost took off our shoes.

The car, even though primered with 14" wheels, is extremely clean and very well detailed. Of note are the professionally fabricated front 'bumperettes' and the ram-air induction system to feed the 385 cubic inch ZZ5 block with fast-burn heads. The plastic inlets on the modified grill are plastic storm drain units from ACE hardware or Home Depot! The engine sports a Demon carb and stunning Sanderson headers. Of course the actual air-filter housing is the popular Canadian built unit available from adds in the car mags; very functional looking I might add.

The interior sports a subdued 'stock' theme, but the red trim and custom seat covers set off the interior quite nicely. Some of you may have noticed that the car is in fact a 280Z, and is in great condition--that is, it is now that Arnold is finishing up the car from it's origial 'less than perfect' shape. He even had the hood louvered. I asked how much it costs to have the custom work done, and Arnold told me each louver is $1.50/each! That sounds cheap until you figure out how many louvers there are in that hood... Lots of time, blood, sweat, and beers have gone into making the car a real runner, and it is currently set up for straight-line running, not canyon carving. The car has not yet been to the track, but the automatic tranny combined with the R200 on stock suspension, should catapult the Z down the quarter in style. (I was secretly coveting a ride in the Z, but oh well; maybe next time).

After looking the car over, Arnold said "You guys should really see my son's car." Judging by the expression on his face, I think we really missed out by our time-constrained day.

We would do it all over again, though icon_smile.gif

Davy