HybridZ

Here is a tip that I learned last summer....

BRAD D

Here is a tip that I learned last summer. If you need new exhaust and you are planning a turbo swap the following winter, do not put on a 3†SS DynoMAX mandrel bent system on your stock 240Z’s L24. It might be good for the turbo setup but...

I cut the collector on my full-length headers back to were it was 3†and welded the new system to that. The thing was so LOUD :eek: that you could not even here your self think. The car would attract every one who wanted to race. At almost every stoplight I had some car trying to race me, from Civics to Z06 Vetts. I had to keep the thing under 2500 RPM whenever cops were around confused2.gif . In parking lots it would always set off car alarms.

So I hope this thing is a lot quieter with twin turbos under the hood.

Food for thought, on the first itteration with the RB, I won't have a muffler at all, just a straight pipe back,(or a dump out the side). Since I will only be on track, it shouldn't matter,(well unless the track has a noise limit). Even then, a twinturbo setup shouldn't nearly as loud as a unmuffled L6,(but the L6 sounds awesome unmuffled).

-Bob