HybridZ

What is the point of bigger fuel injectors?(dumb ?)

80LS1T

I was just wondering if you had to do anything else to an engine if you put in bigger fuel injectors. I would think that just because your dumping more fuel in that it wouldn't actually do any good. I have an LT1 that I want to add so horse power to and I was just wondering about the fuel ingecters. So what else would I have to do to make putting bigger fuel injecters worth wild???

Thanks Guy

Are you putting in bigger injectors just to do it or are you doing it because you made engine mods? It all depends on what you did too.

I think some people can get by just by increasing the fuel pressure (not too much) with an adjustable regulator.

Owen

Guest Anonymous

I'm not sure the headers or cam are necessary (well headers almost ALWAYS help, a cam can be a hinderence if you go to large, then you will FOR SURE be messing with the computer). Bigger injectors, and a larger throttlebody would be the first steps I'd take (along with headers if it does'nt have them, at least a better exhaust system minimaly). I can't recall what the Lt1's had in them, I think it was 24 lb, but I may be wrong.

If you do need to mess with the computer and are using the stock LT1 computer, LT1-edit is a great software package for tweaking the computer, but you have to be REALLY careful screwing with fuel/timing maps, make a bad judgement and you may pay the price (of a new motor). :D Good luck.

Regards,

Lone