HybridZ

how many people interested in the fuel rail i had made?

scottyMIz

i talked to the guy who made mine and he said he'd make more, but he wants to know how many he is looking at making let me know and i'll tell him. here are the links to one pic on the car and another on the floor. www.zdriver.com/rides/showpic.php?name=scottyMizt_1022982771.jpg

www.zdriver.com/rides/showpic.php?name=scottyMizt_1021676862.jpg

OK, I have been thinking of ordering the stock and just making one, but I am just not motivated to get out and do that right now.

I am trying to get this bozo to call me back about a 600 dollar 280z that needs rims and a clutch. looks pretty good from the road. I need to stick my turbo engine in it.

Yeah I want one but there needs to be a dollar cut off. I have a wife who is watching my expenditures right now. And until I get my insurance money from the putz who hit me, I need to watch it. I just bought an EGT the other day, and I need to get my turbo built. You know the turbo is going to make me popular. NOT!!!

IF he can keep it under 70 bucks or so, then put me down for one. Cheaper would be better.

Just let me know.

Thanks

is that a yes ron???? ;) I talked to him today and i'm gonna get him to make a few more so if any hybridz guys want one i'll have some.I might be able to get the price down too like around 70 bucks each(i think) he has to get back to me about the price of the materials and then i can give a definate number but i'm gonna have to say right around 70 or so plus shipping.I'll have more info soon. rockon.gif

Guest Anonymous

Seems like everybody's doing their own fuel rails these days! rolleyesg.gif

Just to note, 70 is a great deal with inj. fittings and end AN- fittings (as shown in pics?). My stock rail was about 40 shipped, 30 to have it .415" reamed, new o-rings and 5/8 to 1/2 npt to -8 AN fittings were about 30. Plus about 10 bucks in gas to go find all the $&($@ stuff! Fortunately, the "rest" of the rail (460cc denso inj's.) only cost me $50 eek2.gif:D

...but it was pretty gratifying to fab the first piece of my turbo system!

-980mak rockon.gif

yep just like in the one pic but in the other one the motor is sold seperately :D I just like to get something that is good but not expensive.The only thing that will have to be done to these rails when you get them is seal the fittings on the rail with teflon tape or paste.But the fittings will all be on and i still have to have him fab a bracket right now i'm not running anything cuz the hoses are so rigid they hold the rail in the right place making it look nicer in my opinion.If you are interested in a bracket then it might be more to make one but if not then it should be right around 70 bucks.(i'll have to see what a bracket will cost to make)

Originally posted by scottyMiz:

thought so ron.....man your car looks sooooo nice hail.gif

Scotty Thanks for the kind words. Looks is the easy part, I wish my car was fast as yours. Currently my car has problems in the higher rpm and sick of diagnosing my problems and not finding the problem. I'm waiting for Mike (SCCA) to confirm on the SDS system price and his paypal address. It's going to cost me $1355 shipped with the options needed. Damm, I feel sick in the stomach. I don't need more CC bills.

Anyway when will we know about the fuel rail :D

i only seen the guy once in the last two weeks but i'll call him tomorrow and get something going.Either way i am gonna have him make me a bunch and i'll have him fab a bracket too i'm thinking of making it look like a goose neck from the bmx bikes what do you think just one big one or two smaller ones?

LOL, Your car is far from looking like a turd. The only thing is people might think your trying to look fast but little do they know you are.

One of my wife's little sister's friend said his little import would smoke my car and wanted to race me. I saw the car and laughed, I couldn't help it. He had intake stock block and a loud exhaust - the car was basically stock. Just because our car's are old school doesn't mean they run like one.

Hey keep us updated on the fuel rail... 2thumbs.gif