HybridZ

Throttle Body help

Idnevno

Maybe ScottyMIz will see this post and tell you how he used the stock linkage, and didn't have to mess around with the TPS like I did.

I mounted mine upside down because it seemed to be the easiest way to do the throttle cable hookup, I had to reverse the outside wires on the TPS plug to fix the issue with the throttle body being turned around.

As shown in the pictures using a rat tail file you simply file inwards on the mounting holes, then plug that PVC hole with something, or use it for a blow off valve port. It's not much work to get it mounted. I'd say it takes more time to port match. I had no problem going 65mm on my intake manifold, and I think there are about 3 other people on this list that have had no problems. At first it looks questionable as to if there is enough room, but there is.

when i go do this tb, do i have to create a new intake going from the turbo to the tb itself?? i am still using a stock zxt intake on that side (can't find anyone else to make me one that will work nicely).other than that i am now just looking around for one. my local jy's say '74 mercedes what?!?! so they local jy's are useless around here. maybe might have to go to dealer hope not. well any other go fast info i need please let me know and i will start on that as well. i want this motor to be kick *#@ when i put it into my 240. the 280 is just the trial period.

Thanx

The OD of the larger TB is 3", the old one was probably 2 3/4", so the J pipe would have to be modified probably.

If you want the car to really perform you'll be wanting to install an intercooler, which will force you to replace the J pipe anyways.

You can buy aftermarket TB's probably for the price of a bran new mercedes tb..

thanx tony. i am trying to get a mid to late 80's intercooler off of a supra to use for now until i can afford a real one. i have some old 300TT stock intercoolers but they appear way too small to use. as well as i had a problem today where it seemed as if though i temporarily seized my turbo. coldn't create boost for bout 3 minutes very strange. wish i knew what it was..... well if ya got any ideas i am all ears... once again thanx.