HybridZ

weird clutch engagement issue.

trans doesnt like to shift, clunky, but it will shift. when im rolling, it shifts ok, but clunky, from a stop sometimes i have to pump the clutch twice to put it into first, and putting it into reverse always clunks. hydraulics are bled. just put another trans in this car last night and throwout is good, fork is seated. im wondering if its an internal hydraulics issue, like an internal leak in the master or the slave is starting to go out?

could be wrong fork? several different styles of clutch forks for no rhyme or reason as far as I know..

slave cyl incorrect? aren't 240-280 styles different.. ?? not sure so correct me if I'm wrong..

just try ing to toss out some ideas for ya.

from reading nions post about the same thing, imma check out my slave cylinder, they are cheap enough to replace if questionable, and it sounds like the problem. i just popped another trans in last night and everything looked ok, im gonna try hydraulics tonite.

you may have tried this, but when my car was having similar issues with changing gears, after i did it i was good to go. anyway, check the adjuster nut on the pushrod going from the clutch master cylinder to the clutch pedal. mine was not giving enough throw so that i was hitting the floorboards with the clutch before the clutch was disengaging fully.

hopefully its just that simple (i know i sure was happy i didn't need a new pressure plate that a Nissan dealership quoted $700 for parts and labor on :( ).

you know what you do when you cant figure it out, read the freakin manual! exactly what i did, i went into it and figured that the pedal need almost an inch more travel to meet oem specifics for freeplay and clutch engagement, when i set them, i got perfect engagement, and promptly threw the car in reverse about five or six times to make sure i did it right, and i almost cried, it was like having a brand new car, it drives great, thanx yall.