HybridZ

What color is good gas?

Guest bang847

Guest bang847

got a car that hasnt ran for half a year but before the car was parked it didnt hvae a gas cap.. since then i has rained...

now the car wont start... I am wondering what is the likely hood that the gas is the cause of not starting... i pumped some of the gas out into a soda bottle and the gas is yellow/brown like tea..

what do you think? certianly bad gas? or will a bottle of dryer do it? I actually poured some of the gas on the ground and lit it on fire(probably not a wise thing to do..) it burned a little faster than alcohol.. it mostly burned orange though... :confused::confused:

Gas is lighter than water, so when water gets in the tank, the gas floats up above the pickup so you may be trying to run on water. If it is a Z, drain the tank and start with fresh fuel. Another option is to disconnect the line at the fuel pump and put a hose in a can of fresh gas. As usual, check for spark as well.

Different companies use different additives that sometimes give a color shift. Especially high perf fuels. The apple juice color of above is good, but the ol' nose is as good a tell-tale as any as noted.

I SWEAR by fuel stabilizers, and use it in EVERYTHING that I don't use weekly. My Camaro, weedwacker, lawn mower, chainsaw, the jeep, every tank on the jetskis, last tank of the year on the boat...