HybridZ

Search function limitations

Tim240z

It seems that it is now not possible to do a search in 'all open forums', rather you have to search one section at a time.PITA when you are searching by a member number and don't remember where the topic was posted.

PLEEEEZE fix cheers.gif

hail.gifhail.gifhail.gif

• 3 months later...
Guest bang847

hey can we get something to stop searches in the middle??? when i see over 30 matches i usually prefer to stop searching.. what do you think guys?

I know what you’re saying Bang. But he real answer is to spend some of those big bucks the administrators are making off this high profit site and buy a really really fast search program!

Sorry about the sarcasm. Just try to remember that the guys that run this site do it for no compensation. We get all this for free.

Sometimes what seems like a simple change to people like me, that don't know a lot about programming, can often be a huge hurdle that eats up hours of time or bags of money.

Ok, I'll stop now. Just looking out for our buddies that keep this great site up and running.

BTW, thanks for the "All Forums" fix.

You`ll get no complaints from me, ;) I`m thankfull for every day that this site is here.Since I`m stuck in Alabama and don`t know anyone here. This is my only link to like minded people 2thumbs.gif If it wasn`t for this site, The mechanical knowledge part of my brain would shrivel up, and by the time I got back to Ohio I wouldn`t even be able to change my own oil :D

My only suggestion would be to have a link for donations to site maintanance, so that at any given time if someone want`s to kick in a few bucks to help out, it`s only a mouse click away cheers.gif