HybridZ

"Today's Active Topics" vs "Since Last Visit&

jimzdat

Many forum software packages allow a "View Posts Since Last Visit" option, instead of just "Today's" topics--is this something missing in the UBB software, or just not turned on?

I may be in the minority, but it's kind of a pain to try and wade thru every section of the forum when I go out of town for a few days, be nice if I could just click on a link to see everything I missed--might be a few pages, but at least they would be all together.

I know that both Snitz and phpBB forums offer it, don't know about UBB--but UBB can be converted to phpBB fairly easily--just don't know what our server's capabilities are.

Just wondering,

Jim

I think I like the new site. I've not had time to play with it yet, but like BLKMGK said, I miss the old "Today's active topics" list. At work I could have it pulled up all the time and chime in whenever I thought I could help. The biggest thing I miss is the visibility of the first few lines of the latest postings. I could usually get an idea real fast if this was something that I could contribute to or not. Now I will need to open each topic to read the last postings (unless I'm not up to speed with the new features). And a work I won't have time to do this. Anyway, the site has a good look to it.

I miss the "today's posts" function as well. But that'd probably be a big mod to the phpbb software. I guess Dan could ask for it in the Mods forum over there.

I tried playing with the search engine to use the "1 Day" option, but couldn't find a search string that would return everything.

The biggest thing I miss is the visibility of the first few lines of the latest postings. I could usually get an idea real fast if this was something that I could contribute to or not. Now I will need to open each topic to read the last postings (unless I'm not up to speed with the new features).

bump