HybridZ

How Many of You are Engineers?

speeder

I have a BS in Industrial Technology.

Luckily the program only required Calc II.

Math is not my strong point but I have always been able to do it sufficiently. And yes I see people all the time that have trouble with simple math. I went to the mailroom to get a stamp. The guy working gave me change 3 different times. I had to tell him how much change I was due. He didn't believe me, and had to use the calc. I gave him 1 dollar. Kinda felt bad for him.

Rufus

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest publisher

Robert Bell -- Double E. Have not designed since 1973. Then, after 12 years of electronic marketing stuff, ohms and volts were making me loopier with each day. Started a printing company and a publishing company and I have become loopy to the max. I'm finally learning the true meaning of impedance.

Bob

The average starting salary for Electrical Engineers right out of school is about $20K higher than an ME. EE's with a master's degree are starting at right around $70K, with no experience. The job market is fat for EE's. Has been for the last 10 years. The military is behind the curve when it comes to cutting edge computer technology. Probably will be for the foreseeable future. Unmanned air vehicles, satellite guided weapons, advanced radars, space sensors, anti-missile missiles. The list goes on. And now with homeland security it will only get fatter. And none of the above begins to address the information revolution.

But you had better like math. It is usually the math (and calculus based physics) courses that make the first and second year EE students change their majors.

• 1 month later...